Sunday, February 9, 2014

Together Time- Stuck? Sketch Challenge

I am here to show you my very 1st layout EVER for a Stuck? Sketch Challenge. Fellow A2Z DT Bel Wood entered the challenge and I just loved her take on the sketch sooo much I had to do one as well.

Here is my take on the sketch:



I just love this photo (but hey, don't I say that about all of them lol ) Its of my hubby and our 3 girls on a beach in Port Denison, W.A. Its 'our' spot. We live a short drive from this town and when we just want a morning off the farm this is where we go to.



For the background I took a My Mind Eye paper and painted on (in a shape of L) Shimmerz Paints Dazzelerz( Gummy Berry Blue). Then on top of that Shimmerz Bling, (Under the sea), which gives it a glitter look. Once dried I painted over that with Shimmerz, (Sunny) .Once the L was finished I lightly painted over the page using the colours sunny and under the sea. Then with a Prima Spot Stamp i stamped heavy in the L area and lightly over the page.


Now for the embellishments. The flowers are Prima, D'Lish Scraps and Mad About Scrappin (as is the Doily) The Flair is Flutterbys




The Frame and Banner's are A2Z. The frame was gessoed and then painted with Shimmerz (Aqua Marine) and then heat dry to get that bumpy texture look. The Banners where gessoed with Gelatos on top. While still wet I stamped over them with the Prima spot Stamp. The paper is from Echo Park. The word Time is from Prima, painted with Shimmerz (sunny).

Here is the sketch:



Head HERE if you want to enter.

Also Mad About Scrappin' is getting LOADS of new stuff in soon so make sure you have liked their FACEBOOK page, theirBLOG or check out their SHOP (there is still some stuff from their last release)

Thanks for looking

Belinda

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page, I love what you did with the paint and with the stamp! Thanks so much fro joining us at Stuck?! hope to see you back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout. I love your background and the colour combo you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely take on the sketch.. love the photo too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great beachy colors with your photo! Love your painting and stamping on the background, its got such a nice flow. Great take on the sketck! Thanks for joining in with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really fantastic layout, gorgeous colours, photo, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE the photo and your page is so soft and pretty :) thank you for joining us at stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab take on the sketch! I love the colors and the way you've created the background.
    Thank you for playing with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Gorgeous. Love how you painted on your layout and yes that is a great picture. Visiting from the link up. I am your newest follower via GFC. Hope you will stop by and say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. stamping looks great and I love blue and green together...thanks for playing along at STUCK this month

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing background work done to create the foundation of the sketch, love your page. Thanks for sharing it with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving your layout! Such a beautiful colorful page!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colours you used - blues and greens always look so fresh and soothing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment :)

Popular Posts